Friday, November 24, 2017

Day 24: This too will pass

I make it a strict rule not to decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving. Now, if you choose to do otherwise, that's okay.   I just like to keep my holidays from mixing...kinda like the kid who doesn't want her food to touch on the plate.  


But Thanksgiving is over, so it's time to transition into the "most wonderful time of the year!"

I felt a little sentimental about taking down my fall decor. I love fall colors, and pumpkins, and gourds, and brown leaves. 

My left arm was darned nigh useless in September when this stuff was put out, and I had to have some help. 

The old adage, "This too will pass," couldn't be more true.

I could barely tell that my arm had ever been injured as I took down the fall stuff-by myself-then took a long walk across the hayfield, down to the creek.  

I'm not complaining about that!

I bought a new phone today, and I've been fooling with techy-stuff all afternoon, switching stuff over, creating passwords, contemplating whether I want my phone to recognize my face, my fingerprints, or my irises.  Not the flowers, but the things in my eyes. 

The gal at the phone store, however, tells me my phone can recognize my irises, or just about any plant or tree. 

Don't that beat all. 

Well, not really.  I still prefer nature to artificial intelligence, handy as it might be. 


The water looks good right now. Not quite as turquoise as it sometimes gets in February, but pretty clear. 


And look at those clouds...ever-changing, always interesting. 




So another beautiful day draws to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...