Sunday, November 12, 2017

Day 12: Wait and see



Pancakes for breakfast, a couple of cups of coffee, and a church service.  A walk in the countryside and Sunday dinner with the family.  
A few loads of laundry, and prepping for work tomorrow. 
No hurry, no pressure.
Sounds like a pretty idyllic day.

Except there's a lot of folks hurting today, and my heart feels heavy for them.  

I wish I could magic-wand away all the pain, but that's impossible. 

When my burdens feel too heavy to carry, I take a lot of comfort from the book of Psalms. 



"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. "

"Wait for the Lord, be strong and let your heart take courage, yes, wait for the Lord." Psalm 13,14




There is so much more to the visible world than what our eyes can see, and our eyes can behold all kinds of wonders.

Wait for the Lord, and let your heart take courage.  Wait and see that the Lord is good. Be strong. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...