Monday, November 20, 2017

Day 20: Worn to a frazzle

I left the house this morning as the sun was rising on the hills across from my drive.  

The view was restful and calm, and I wished I had extra time to admire it while drinking my first cup of coffee. 



But, an early deadline loomed, and we had a larger than usual paper. 
I headed on out to work.
When I got there, the server was down.  Then I discovered our internet wasn't working. 
That's not how ya wanna start an early deadline day with a larger than normal paper, let me tell ya. 
But want to or not, that's how it began. 
It took an hour or two to work out all the technology bugs, and we began to churn out the pages. 

But man, it's been a long day. My muscles are burning with tension, and I'm not in the best of moods. 

Why is it that hard physical labor relaxes you, but brain work while seated wears you to a frazzle?
I could have dug a row of taters and not be this exhausted.

Anyway, we got 'er done. 
And I'm hoping for the chance to admire another beautiful frost in the morning. 

Maybe I'll eat some shredded wheat biscuits while I do. 


Don't these hay bales remind you of shredded wheat biscuits, or do I think too much about food? 

You don't have to answer that.  ;)



2 comments:

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...