Saturday, November 25, 2017

Day 25: Deckin' the halls (Joy to the World!)



So the grandbebes were here last night.  I promised them breakfast with Santa this morning, and by golly, that's what they got!  It's obvious by these photos how excited they were about the prospect of leaving the house to go see Santa. 


Clay was enthralled with my tablet, and Oaklee was in a near trance watching Saturday morning Christmas marketing. 


We took the little boogers home (their home) after breakfast, and because it was such a sunny, glorious day (for November), I figured it was a good time to drag out all my Christmas decor.  
I'd decorate the porches while it was warm, then I'd get my trees up.

Robin's reaction to helping me get the stuff out of storage was even less enthusiastic than the kiddos' about leaving the house this morning. 

My enthusiasm waned too as I looked at the mess I've accumulated over the years, because the sad thing is,  my accumulating and de-cluttering have not kept pace with one another. 

About half of this stuff needs to go in the dump! 


But I'm always in a hurry to get my decorating done, so I put off sorting through what should stay and what should go. 
In January, I'll be in a hurry to stash it all back out of sight, so I'll avoid, once again, sorting and thinning it out.  

Maybe I won't avoid this year! (Maybe.) 

I do enjoy the fruits of my labor once I'm done (I'm not), and I get sentimental re-visiting all those memories tied to the tree ornaments.  

So many of them are handmade, either by the kids or by my crafty relatives. (Not me!)


Anyway, once I have everything up, I'll no doubt be bubbling over with Christmas cheer, but in the meantime, it stresses me out having all these boxes sitting around. 

(Bah-humbug!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...