Sunday, November 5, 2017

Day 5: I just don't understand

We've been blessed with another beautiful warm fall day, most of which I enjoyed very much.

I enjoyed spending time with family, jamming to the Buffalo Wabs with Clay, watching the leaves fall, and explaining to the grandbabies that that's the reason it's called fall.

This evening I hear the news about another mass shooting, this one in a small church in a small town.

My heart sinks when I hear it.  I just can't comprehend the evil that would drive someone to so randomly takes lives like that.

What was missing from the murderer's life?  Was he abused? Unloved?

Did he lack someone to share beautiful fall days with, to love him and comfort him when he was hurt?  Was he not taught to appreciate beauty and be grateful?

God have mercy on all those hurting families.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...