Friday, November 17, 2017

Day 17: Clay meets his surgeon



When I saw this picture earlier today it absolutely squeezed my heart.

Clay had a check-up this morning with Dr. Draus (not sure if I spelled that right), the surgeon who operated on him time and time again during the first couple of years of his life.

The appointment went well, and Hannah said the doc was impressed with how well Clay is doing.

I remember waiting...and waiting...and waiting...during those surgeries. I remember the relief when Dr. Draus would come out and tell us the surgery went well.

I recall looking at his hands, those long slim fingers, and wondering how in the world people have the nerve to slice open little bodies and probe around inside them.

But just look at this.  It must feel like a million bucks to this doctor to see the fruits of his labor, his and many others.

It sure felt like a million bucks to me to see them smiling together.

1 comment:

  1. You are such an amazing writer Lisa. Thanks for everything you share. God continue to bless you and your good family.

    ReplyDelete

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...