Thursday, November 30, 2017

Day 30: Mission Accomplished

I have indeed met my goal to blog a post every day in the month of November.

It's really not as easy a task as it might sound, not some days, at least, when my creativity has about bled dry.

But it's been fun to see what I could cough up, just by sitting down at the keyboard and beginning to peck, peck, peck-no real destination in mind. Kind of like my contrary chickens.  Ha!

Remember those beautiful ornamental cabbages and kales I posted about a few weeks back? They are riddled now; there's nothing left but the stalks.

So I guess if ya peck long enough, you might see some results.

On another note, I've been ranting about Matt Lauer all day long to anyone who would listen. Now, if you've only caught the headlines about him getting fired, you may be thinking what's the big deal.

But the big deal is, apparently Mr. Lauer has been nursing a dark, even sadistic, side for a long time, if the accounts in Variety magazine are to be believed.

I can't help but wonder how many more prominent men-possibly women too-are losing sleep at night, wondering when their actions are going to come to light.

Ugh. The news just gets more sordid every day, and it really makes me want to punch somebody in the face. Or head for the hills and never come out.

On a brighter and totally unrelated note, I was invited to a school concert this evening-several dozen budding young guitarists showing off some new skills.  I really enjoyed their performance.

I was rather surprised to learn that there are 75 or so students taking guitar classes at the middle and high schools.

The youngsters were joined on stage by some expert classical guitarists from the University of Kentucky. Wow. Talk about giving them something to aspire to.

So yeah, even with all the stench of moral decay in this world, there's hope in the bright young faces of these kids.

One girl at the concert really captivated my attention. I could tell she was serious about what she was doing.  It was evident in the way she cradled her guitar like it was precious to her, the way her face glowed with excitement.

I reminded myself to watch for her in the next few years.  I think she's going to go places.

I just hope and pray she doesn't stumble across any Lauer types on her way.





No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...