Thursday, November 2, 2017

Day 2: Putting farmers market to bed



I love these warm days that follow the first cold spells, makes you savor them all the more.  

After work, I put on shorts and a t-shirt and decided to clean out the car a little.  I still had stuff I'd been hauling around all summer for farmer's market: bags, price cards, containers for produce, etc. 

Just like a dream, that busy season has already passed.

I'm ready for a break, but gardening season is far from over around here.  There's much to be done in the high tunnel where we are still harvesting tomatoes, cole crops, even a few cucumbers.  Once those are spent, there will be lots of cleaning up to do, then we'll  haul up some manure to replenish the soil and start all over again!

Fresh green beans, I'mma gonna miss you though! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...