Saturday, November 18, 2017

Day 18: I think I'll just stay home.



I went to town this afternoon to take some pictures for the paper and did a little shopping while I was doing so.  It was fun walking from store to store on Main Street.  I vaguely remember doing that way back in the old days when I was just a kid.  

Back before towns got turned inside out, and all the businesses moved to the outskirts of town.

After several years of nearly all the buildings looking deserted on Main Street, it felt good to meet a few people on the street, to chat with the shopkeepers, to see the storefronts all decorated for Christmas.

Now, if there had been a few snow flakes blowing around, I think I might have caught the Christmas spirit.

I came home, squeezed in a walk before dark, then the hubs and I got an invite to go to town for a bite of supper with some neighbors.

                (Random photo that has nothing to do with my post, once again.) 

It's so convenient to have the option of visiting a good restaurant just minutes from home.  Otherwise, I'd probably have been like, meh...who wants to go to Richmond.  I think I'll just stay home.

And we did. We spent our time and dollars in our hometown.

I know.  It's crazy! But I like it.




1 comment:

  1. We love our little dowtown Richmond because we can walk to Babylon or Meeples and just take our time.

    ReplyDelete

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...