Saturday, April 7, 2012

Coconut cake is a family favorite for Easter

Spring days don’t get much prettier than this one.  What perfect weather for everything outdoors--from egg hunts to weddings!

We spent our day planting potatoes and attending a funeral, but blue skies and green grass made a sad day much more tolerable.

I hope tomorrow is just as bright for all the Easter activities.  I’m anticipating a big family dinner and watching some little ones hunt for hidden eggs.

I’m looking forward to this cake, too.  I’ve made it on Easter for years, and it’s a family favorite.  Besides being delicious, it’s super easy!

Moist and Creamy Coconut Cake

1 pkg. yellow cake mix

1 ½ cups milk

½ cup sugar

2 cups sweetened flaked coconut

8 oz. container of Cool Whip, thawed

Prepare cake mix as directed on package, baking in 13 x 9-inch pan.  Cool 15 minutes; poke holes through cake with a fork.  Combine milk, sugar and ½ cup of coconut in saucepan.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.  Spoon over warm cake, allowing liquid to soak down through holes.  Cool completely.  Fold ½ cup of the coconut into Cool whip and spread over cake.  Sprinkle with remaining coconut.  Chill overnight…then eat up! 










3 comments:

  1. Happy Resurrection Day to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing. Hope you had a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coconut! I think I'll surprise my husband by actually baking something sweet for him (he with the sweet tooth, his wife, not. lol)

    ReplyDelete

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...