Sunday, April 1, 2012

Life's a...Poem?

I’m back again for another NaBloPoMo! I feel so unproductive when I’m not posting daily. 

Nature should be good inspiration for writing poetry this month…or reading poetry…or reflecting on poetry.  The forests here in the foothills of Kentucky are carpeted with wildflower blooms right now, and simply taking a walk along a woodland stream is a practice in poetry.  

Larkspur, wild iris, white violets, wild phlox and trilliums are blooming en masse.  Though more delicate than showy hot house annuals, I think they’re beautiful! 

I’m excited about this month’s theme, yet a bit nervous about sharing any poetry. I worry too much about whether or not I’m doing it right, which is probably the best way to stifle my creative muse, right? 

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what the month turns up! 


1 comment:

  1. You're going to do great! My creative muse is a little rusty, but I'm going to try and get it oiled up this month! Good luck, eh?

    ReplyDelete

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...