Thursday, November 17, 2022

Day 17: Giving credit where credit is due


Since I typically only write these blog posts in November, 
the photos of the landscape that I use tend to be monochromatic. 

So I thought I’d dig a little deeper in my camera roll and find something a bit  more colorful. 

Ahhhh, green grass and wildflowers. Who else is ready for winter to be over soon? 

Anyway, tonight I covered one of my favorite events to cover for the newspaper, and that is the Kiwanis Club’s Farm-City Banquet. 

Every year, the Kiwanis Club presents awards to a couple of farmers and a farm-related business. 

Being a farm gal myself, I’m always happy to see farmers be appreciated. 
Farming is not a job that people typically associate with accolades and achievements. 

Farming is humble and dirty work. 

Farmers wear grimy jeans, sweaty shirts, and muddy boots instead of suits, ties and shiny shoes. 
Although farming might seem like menial work, feeding the world is pretty important, don’t you think? 

Did you know that only two percent of the United States population are farmers? 

Adversity is about the only guarantee a farmer has, whether they deal with supply and demand issues or the weather, but  every farmer I know is a pro at figuring out ways to work around whatever daily challenge presents itself. 

For all these reasons and many more, I’m happy to play a part in giving credit to the hard-working farming community. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...