Friday, November 25, 2022

Transitioning into another season

 


Now that Thanksgiving is past, I’ve launched straight into Christmas prep. 

I’ve been messing around and decorating all day. 

For lunch I made myself the tastiest sandwich. I grilled a big ol slice of sourdough in a cast iron skillet with a little olive oil. 

I piled on some turkey, lettuces, a slice of sweet onion, some Mayo, some cranberry sauce and a spoonful of leftover cornbread dressing. 

Yumm! It was soooo good. 

Better than the original meal, I think. 

I’d been simmering the turkey carcass for several hours, and I had 5 quarts of rich bone broth to pour off! 

I put four in the freezer to add to soups, and I kept one in the fridge to heat up later to drink. 

Bone broth is very nourishing and a good alternative broth for cooking ramen noodles. 

Yummm. I need some ramen noodles now.  A sprinkle of green onions and a bit of fresh ginger would make them especially nice! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...