Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Birds without feathers bake together

Turkeys were a little harder to come by this year. 

I ordered mine from Kroger last week, requesting a 25 pounder. 

They substituted a ten pounder! 

Seriously!? That won’t go far with my bunch. 

So, I made a trip to an actual store and was able to snag a 14 pound turkey too. 

10+14 = 24, right? Twenty four pounds of turkey. 

But two birds have double the bones, double the waste. 

So, the way I figure it, these two birds may produce less meat than we’re used to. 

I’m sure we won’t go hungry though, with 47 sides and a coupla dozen desserts accompanying the main attraction. 

The cushaw pies were a success. I’ve “sampled” so much of the one, it’s about gone! 😆

While baking today, I took down my fall decorations. I felt  a twinge of sadness. Where did the season go? 

Where do they all go?

Round and round and round, it seems. 

We were blessed with a beautiful fall though,  and plenty of good memories were made. 

As our little granddaughter sings, we have to “let it go, let it gooooo.”

Time to move on and prepare for the next big thing—Christmas! 

My hubby helped me get the trees down from the storage shed, and the big tree is now in the house so if we have a rainy weekend, I’m ready. 

Ready to deck the halls! 


After we eat those turkeys. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...