Sunday, November 20, 2022

Thanksgiving week begins

November has simply flown by, and here we are beginning the week of Thanksgiving— a time to be extra mindful of our blessings. 

Tonight I’m thankful for my cozy corner when it’s cold outside, for someone to share life with, for the pleasantly mindless chatter of a ballgame on tv in the next room. 

I’m thankful for the freedom to gather to worship. I’m thankful for those who have answered the call to be pastors in this age…never an easy task, but especially not now. 

I’m thankful for generations of family.  The young ones so brighten the days of the oldest ones, and it’s a joy to see them together. 

I’m thankful for the health and energy to manage days that I sometimes feel are too full. 

I’m thankful for all the reasons my days are full… home and farm and work and family and friends. 

The more we consider our blessings, the better we can see them. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...