Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Pie, but which way?

 


We were gifted some locally grown Granny Smith apples the other day, and they were developing some dark spots,  so I figured I’d better do something with them.

I debated with myself about making apple bread, apple cake, apple pie. I’ve decided to make pie.

But which kind of pie? 

A lattice topped apple pie?

A Dutch Apple pie? 

A pecan crumble apple pie? A caramel apple pecan crumble pie? Or a pecan oatmeal caramel crumble apple pie? 

Ummm, that sounds good. They all do. I think I’ll make an oatmeal pecan crumble caramel apple pie.

I have my apples all peeled and sliced and sugared and spiced with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. 

My house is going to smell soooo good tomorrow. 

And I’ll probably burn my tongue in my hurry to taste the pie because I’m impatient like that. 

Maybe I’ll take a picture to share if my apple pie topped with pecan oatmeal crumble and drizzled with warm salted caramel sauce and served a la mode isn’t a flop. 

Maybe. If I don’t gobble it up before I remember to take a pic. 

😁


No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...