Wednesday, November 9, 2022

I missed a day…

 …but I had good reason. Yesterday was a looong one! I was out until nearly ten o’clock awaiting election results. 

The wait was long, but I appreciate the process of counting, checking, verifying.

People of both parties seated across from one another at a table, maintaining an election of integrity. 

People gathered in a courtroom to hear the election results announced. Smiling and cordial, accepting results with grace. People who value our democracy. 

I came home feeling some renewed hope that maybe we as a country ain’t goin’ to hell in the proverbial hand basket just yet. 

I honestly do hope and pray for a new spirit of cooperativeness to sweep this nation. 

I’ve seen over and over in small scale the results of pettiness in governing. 

Little gets accomplished except hard feelings, if you want to call that accomplishment. 

I don’t. 

I think we can do much better than that. 

I know we can!

I’ve also seen over and over the results of public servants behaving like public servants. 

We’ve seen that in the past few days, elected officials and scores of volunteers jumping in to help fight the wildfires plaguing our county and supporting the firefighters. 

It’s a beautiful thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...