Thursday, November 24, 2022

Good gravy, what a day

 I had the turkeys baked, the dressing made, and the pies made, so all I really had to do this morning was make gravy for today's dinner at my sister’s house then we could pack up and head up there.  

Gosh, I struggled with that gravy. I made one batch without much trouble, but it didn’t yield very much so I started another. 

The second batch was so lumpy! I stirred and whisked and scraped ad sweated over the stove. Despite my best efforts, the lumps refused to dissolve. 

I think Mom would have laughed if she could have seen me  trying to beat out those lumps. 

After what seemed like hours, I gave up and poured the gravy through a strainer. 

It tasted decent, most of it got eaten, and no one complained. 

I’m still scratching my head though; why does turkey gravy cause me such problems while my breakfast gravy is never lumpy?!

Another of life’s great mysteries, 

Anyway, it turned out to be a lovely day, and we spent a lot of it outside. 


This picture of dad with some of his grandkids and great grandkids was a challenge to take. 

Well, it wasn’t hard to take, but it was hard to get everyone to look at the camera at the same time! 

Bunch ‘a turkeys! 

I love them tho. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...