Friday, November 11, 2022

A whole different kind of day…

 

 

I don’t know when I’ve ever been so happy to see rain. To hear it on the roof, to smell the dampening earth and the freshening air as the rain dispersed the smoke that had settled in the valleys. 

On my way to work this morning, I had to stop and snap this photo from just out the road, overlooking our farm. 

I thought the layer of smoke/fog looked so pretty. 

And so different from yesterday’s hot dry smokiness. 

I never get tired of looking at these mountains! They are constant, but always changing, if ya know what I mean. 

I’m sure all those directly affected by the fires were happy to see the rain too, whether they lived close to the stricken area or were battling the blazes. 

We can all breath easier, literally and figuratively! 

Natural disasters have a way of putting us in our place, don’t they? 

They remind us that we are no match for the elements, and sufficient rainfall is not to be taken for granted.

They also remind us that we’re all connected in unexpected ways, that we breathe the same air and that a careless act can have some serious repercussions. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...