Friday, November 4, 2022

I voted early


 This afternoon, I headed over to the courthouse to vote a few days early. 

No real reason for voting early except it was convenient.

I presented my drivers license to the clerk, signed my name on the tablet, and was handed a paper ballot. I was pointed toward an open cubby equipped with ink pens. 

I filled out my ballot, both front and back.

Another clerk pointed me toward the scanner, and I placed my ballot in the tray. The scanner did its work and told me my votes were cast. 

I was handed a sticker on the way out, and just like that, the process was complete. 

I felt a sense of accomplishment for having done my civic duty, and I feel very confident that the process is secure. 

I’m thankful for the opportunity to have my say at the polls! 

You can vote early tomorrow also, or you can wait until Election Day, Nov. 8. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...