Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Times, they are a changin'--again


Today is the start of a brand new month.  

It's November, and some of us have seen a lot of Novembers, so the start of another one might seem like more of an occasion for a yawn than for excitement. 

Still, we aren't promised any more Novembers, or months, or days, or hours, even.  

Therefore, I'll try to appreciate the month, even though the dark season is settling in and the leaves are falling and most green things are dying back.

I'll remind myself that at the same time things appear to be dying, they are releasing seeds, scattering them to soil that becomes cold and hard, but that same soil that will hold them, keep them, for another spring when the strengthening sun and warming earth will stir new life and another lifecycle will commence. 

While I'm not exactly thrilled about the dark season, I appreciate the season of rest.  Relatively speaking.  

There's still plenty to do, but we are forced indoors well before bedtime, and because we are indoors, we are less active. 

I mean, unless I get real motivated to do some squats or sit-ups or something while watching Netflix. 

Or to clean house. 

I'm not holding my breath about that though. 

In years past, I've participated in the National Blog Posting Month challenge, or NaBloPoMo, which happens in November.  

If you notice my blog archives, you'll see that almost all the entries were written in November.  That's because of NaBloPoMo.  

I'm not making any promises that I'll post every day, but we'll see.  I'm not making any promises that I won't, either. 😁




No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...