Saturday, November 28, 2020

Day 28: Serving up the leftovers

Day three of feasting and decorating is winding down. 

We’ve been eating leftovers, but I like Thanksgiving leftovers almost as much as the original meal. 

Today I made a chowder with chopped ham, leftover corn and potatoes. I chopped some onions, carrots, celery and garlic and sautéed that in olive oil, then added the mixture to the cubed potatoes I had boiled. I threw in the ham and corn, and added a splash of heavy cream and brought it to a simmer. 

The soup was really good with a little shredded cheddar on top, and a hot crispy hoecake on the side. 

Got the side porch looking Christmas-y!

I was determined to get my last two trees up today so I can have at least one day of rest out of the long weekend! 

I did the smaller one by myself, and with the help of the hubby, we got the big tree up and I decorated it. 

Just a few more details to attend to, and I’ll be done with decorating this old farmhouse for Christmas. Whew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...