Friday, November 27, 2020

Day 27: Someone barfed pillows all over the place



Today has been the prettiest day for doing anything outside, including decorating for Christmas. 

It’s usually not this warm and bright in late November, so I took a little extra time to drag boxes of decor out that I hadn’t for a while. I poked around in them and came across stuff I hadn’t seen in years—a real trip down memory lane. 

Some of it had me scratching my head. Why was I holding onto that? 

I don’t really remember buying a lot of decorations at any one time, but because I rarely get rid of any of them I have accumulated a lot over the decades. 

Such as this pile of Christmas pillows. I dumped them all together before deciding how to divvy them out for each porch and room. 

I’ve already decorated more than I have for several years. I found myself wondering why, because it’s not a good time to have company.

 I guess I’ll just do it for me, for us, to knock back some of winter’s darkness and create some Christmas cheer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...