Monday, November 16, 2020

Day 16: It’s been a Monday

 Could we just rewind back to the weekend?! 

I’m not usually one to complain about Mondays, but I’m complaining about a Monday! 

Was ahead of the game (I thought) and poised to sail into work a good ten minutes early. 

The car wouldn’t start. Fortunately, we had a spare— the monster truck. A big old rusty smelly diesel truck with the fuel light on. 

I stopped at the gas station and called the hubs to see if Shell Mart even sells diesel. 

They do. And the tank was full, the light is always on, he said. 

And besides, I filled it up Saturday, don’t you remember? 

Well, no. Is that what we were doing there? 

I made it to work, ten minutes late. 

Was trucking through my emails when the server went down. Typically it comes back on after turning it off,  then back on. Not this time. Not after multiple times. 

Sooo, we limped along all day, forced to try different approaches. 

Could be a lot worse, so I’ll stop with my griping. 

Still, I found myself wanting to rewind to yesterday- a long walk on a country road with more than a half dozen dogs and two sweet girls. 

Mom’s country cooking. Chatting with the parents. Pretty views and bright sun.

How was your Monday? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...