Friday, November 13, 2020

Christie Brinkley and I could be BFFs

 I follow Christie Brinkley on Instagram. 

Remember the golden girl supermodel so popular in the late 70s and early 80s? 

She was just a teen or young twenty-something back then and was the cover girl in lots of magazines that teenaged girls liked to read...Seventeen... Glamour, etc. 

(I know, it’s hard to believe I have ever looked at a fashion magazine, but when I was a teen, I did.) 

I wanted to be tan, tawny and trim just like Christie. 

My sister and I would lie in the sun for hours, in the backyard or on the creek bank, trying to achieve that same golden girl look. We’d slather up with baby oil or coppertone and bake ourselves. 

Christie is now wellll into her sixties, and she looks amazing. Still as trim as ever, with that same bright smile. 

(Like me, she now wishes she hadn’t damaged her skin so badly in the sun. Unlike me, she can probably afford the work to take care of some of the facial sag and wrinkles.)

I’ve enjoyed Christie’s posts throughout the pandemic. She’s taken up gardening and she got some chickens to keep in the backyard. She runs around barefoot wearing very little makeup. She seems to totally take delight in the natural world. 

She has three grown children, and they must be spending a lot of time at her home in California (I think) since the pandemic. They hang out in the garden by the fire pit a lot. 

Anyway, Christie posted a video of the day “the kids” first went outside to check out the chickens in their new coop! 

They were sooo excited, and I thought it was all very charming.  

I mean, you wouldn’t think these uptown girls would be so enchanted by a few little red hens, buuutttt... they were.

I’ll bet they’d go ballistic over our donkeys :)



:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...