Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Day 24: Throwback Tuesday


My landscape photos are so monochromatic lately, beautiful in a muted way, but I’m beginning to miss all the color of summer already.  This beauty bloomed only a few short weeks ago.  

We had fresh cauliflower from the high tunnel tonight...so mild and sweet!  

We also had fried green tomatoes for supper.  They were grown in the high tunnel too. It definitely extends the season. 

While I enjoy the restful quiet evenings at home, my thoughts are already turning to what to grow next year. 

Which reminds me! I bought 50 daffodil bulbs at Rural King last weekend that I need to get in the ground. 

I love that a plain old brown bulb can produce such beautiful bright blooms. That’s one more thing to anticipate about spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...