Monday, November 30, 2020

Day 30 of NaBloPoMo: Mission accomplished again.

 Well, this is it. I've met my self-imposed goal of posting some kind of little blog every day of the month of November.  

I'm proud of myself for doing it every day, although much of my content was trivial.  Some days, I just didn't have much mental energy left for writing.  

However, there was a couple of days I got just a wee bit inspired and tapped out a thing or two worth reading.  Usually, I don't have any idea what I'm going to write when I sit down to do it.  I just start pecking, and "inspiration" follows. 

Which is a great lesson for writers. The only way to do it is to do it. Just write something.  Then the ideas will flow.  Don't wait for them to flow first, because they probably won't.  

You can always go back and shape up your writing...rearrange paragraphs or sentences, cut some out, play with your leading paragraphs.  

Re-writing is everything.  At least it is for me, except when I'm popping off blog posts, then I'm just'a ramblin'.  

 ****

The  weather outside is frightful tonight.  Yesterday we were running around in our shirtsleeves; today we've had rain and snow.  

Makes me glad of all the decorating and light stringing I did over the weekend.  I'm thankful for the extra light and color, which counteracts the dark and cold.  

Have you noticed how welcoming light is in the winter?  I don't mind sitting outside in the dark in the balmy summer air, but dark in wintertime makes the cold feel colder, don't you think?  

Some of the good citizens of Ravenna did their part to dispel the darkness.  They went to a lot of trouble decorating the little park up there. It looks so bright and festive!  I sure appreciate their efforts, and I'll bet some wide-eyed kiddos do too.  

This picture doesn't do it any justice at all.  

Thanks for reading, folks!  Hopefully it won't be next November before you hear from me again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...