Saturday, November 14, 2020

Day 14: Working up to some Christmas cheer.

 I see that lots of folks are putting their trees up already. 

I’ve been working up to it...still had leaves to rake, vines to pull down, and other dead debris to remove from the yard.

It’s important to have a tidy yard before decorating for Christmas, lol. 

Looks like we are going to have some pretty days next week, so maybe, just maybe, I’ll drag out some outdoor lights and decor. 

I sure understand the desire for some seasonal cheer. Listening to the news is downright depressing,  if not terrifying.  

To not watch it at all is to get a little too careless about the coronavirus, I think. We can’t stick our head in the sand. 

Anyway, I typically put up our trees after Thanksgiving, but who knows. It might happen sooner this year. 

While I’m not a super early decorator, I do like to leave the tree and lights up til mid January, in hopes we will have a big snow before I take it down. And there's old Christmas to celebrate on Dec. 6.   

If the pandemic continues, I may leave it up til ‘tater planting time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...