Thursday, November 1, 2018

National Blog Posting Month, Seventh Edition






I love taking strolls around the fields with the dogs. Can you see them?  They get so excited when they sniff out a mole, a field mouse or even a grasshopper.  They know how to live in the moment and appreciate the little things.  


Some do "No Shave November;" I do "National Blog Posting Month (in November)."


I can't really tell you why, but for the past seven years, I've taken it upon myself to post some sort of blog for each day of this month, even if it's "just a photo."

Some days that's about all I have in me after a busy day of writing, editing, etc., as editor of a small town weekly newspaper.

But I'll take a stab at making some kind of post, even if it's just sharing a few details of my life on the farm.  Because for me, that's where my best life happens-down on the farm.

One reason I choose to participate in NaBloPoMo is because it takes place in November.

Here in Kentucky, we turn our clocks back an hour on the first Sunday of November.  That means  our mornings will immediately become brighter, but on the flip side, it means we will have longer darker evenings.

That also means that we wanna-be farmers are forced indoors, so I have more spare time on my hands.

Another reason I like to do NaBloPoMo in November is that it sorta serves as a gratitude journal.  I try to exercise my gratitude muscle in November, because, you know, Thanksgiving happens this month!

This year for NaBloPoMo I've joined forces with a group of bloggers whose aim it is to cheer one another on through this challenge. As of now, we are small in number, but we are a very diverse group from all over the world and of different ages.

We also give each other writing prompts. Today's prompt was, "What are your dreams?"

Hmmm...I don't really have any lofty dreams or great big ambitions such as becoming rich and famous.  I know that sounds dull, but all I really want is for everyone to be healthy and to learn to get along and enjoy their best life.   Wait! Maybe that is a lofty ambition!

Stay tuned, and we'll see if we can figure it out.











3 comments:

  1. Cheers and pleasant dreams for your month of blogging. #NaBloPoMo18

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to read this!! Thank you for sharing. I would love to start a blog of my own. Maybe you could give me some pointers!

    ReplyDelete

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...