Friday, November 2, 2018

NaBloPoMo Day 2: Some Hometown Drama

Well, that was fun.
Our local theatre group, the River City Players, performed their annual Christmas play tonight at the high school auditorium.
I've been to nearly all of their performances for the newspaper, and it's always interesting to see who has stepped out into the limelight each time.
Sometimes I'm surprised.
Watching people you've known for years in roles that isn't typically "them" can be pretty entertaining.
I have to say, I admire those who step up and try something new like that. It takes courage to break out of the old comfort zone.
Every now and then, I'll think of doing something totally unexpected and out of character.  But what I typically do is overthink my way out of it, because I'm cool like that. ;)
One of these days, though!
Right now, this ol lady is going to bed. It's been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...