Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Day 14 of NaBloPoMo2018: A photo that means a lot to me



My brothers, sister and I...before our last little brother came along.  

Today's prompt is to post a picture that means a lot to me.

I love this photo because:
1) I think we look cute. Look at those snaggle-toothed smiles!
2) We look so happy...we were happy! Our early years were humble yet carefree.
3) I'm thankful that we've always been close...little brother too. Close in relationship, close in distance.  We all still live in the same county, and we still regularly get together for family Sunday dinners. And we get along!
4) This photo reminds me of our childhood Christmases.  We'd get so excited about Christmas, although our presents weren't expensive, and our tree wasn't lavishly decorated.
5) It's a reminder to me that the anticipation of Christmas is just as important as having every wish granted.  If fact, I think kids enjoy gifts more when they don't get everything they want.  There's a lot to be said for delayed gratification.




No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...