Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Day 27 of NaBloPoMo 2018: It's 6 o'clock, now what?


If that ain't a raw-looking landscape, I don't know what is.  But there's a bare-bones beauty to it that I still enjoyed during a very brisk evening walk.  


The 48th edition of the Citizen Voice and Times has been laid to rest, as far as my co-workers and I are concerned, and that means there are only four more issues remaining in 2018! 

That's crazy!  

I live out of weekly folders, people, and it seems like a couple of months or so ago that I was creating folders for January!

After I got home from work and the grocery, I hurried to change into my muck boots and a warmer coat and pull on an ear wrap and gloves. 

I set off across the muddy fields at a brisk clip, because, well, the breeze was brisk, and who wants to linger outside when it's freezing out there? 

But I'd been sitting so long, and I felt that I needed to move.  

I completed my walk, fed the dogs and cats, and came in and warmed up some leftovers for supper-again.  

I'm getting a bit tired of turkey, and I'm thinking some tomato-y saucy dish would be good for a change.  Maybe lasagna or spaghetti and meatballs. 

Now that we've eaten, the evening stretches before me with endless opportunity...but it's hard to make up my mind.  Do I want to finish the novel I began last week? Do I want to flip through the half-dozen or so magazines that have piled up over the past couple of weeks? 

Is there something interesting on TV?  Or should I bake something?  

Something warm and chocolate-y.  And sweet and fattening. 

Or should I do all of the above, budgeting an hour or so to this and an hour or so to that?

Hmmmm....choices, choices. 

With the snow flying and no place to go, it's a good dilemma to have right now.  

Later! 👋

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...