Sunday, November 4, 2018

Day 4 of NaBloPoMo:The bare bones beauty of fall.

Well, here we go....dark by 6, and I've been ready to hibernate since the last light of day faded.

I had to force myself to get some things done before I allowed myself to plop on the couch.

Still, in the dark of winter I often procrastinate about  going to bed. Last night it was nearly 1:30 before I turned in!

I kept thinking, the clocks are not set back yet... it's really only 10:30,...it's really just 11.30...

So much for getting an extra hour of sleep!

It's been a relaxing Sunday, though, with church and family time, and a pretty day.  I took a nice long walk through the countryside with my sister, and wouldn't you know, we both forgot our cameras?

There is still quite a bit of color left in the hills, but I predict there won't be many leaves left by next weekend!



I like the way bare tree branches look against the sky.  Every season has its own style of beauty.  

I'll call this the "bare bones" look.






No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...