Friday, November 30, 2018

Day 30 of NaBloPoMo2018: Last post for November!



"Rudolph, the red-nosed school bus..." 

We just got home from watching the annual Kiwanis Club Christmas parade in downtown Irvine (and Ravenna).

It was a lot of fun to see the excitement shining on faces of both young and old.  Our grandkids were particularly excited to see this school bus.

I appreciate the hard work our business owners, churches and other organizations expended to hang lights and decorate floats, storefronts, city streets, etc., and it was heartwarming to see a good turnout of spectators. Thank goodness the rain stopped for the evening, and the gusty winds forecasted for later this evening held off!

Anyway, it's late and I'm tired, so my last blog post of this November challenge is going to be a short one.

But I did it!  I didn't miss a day!

Some days I didn't have much to say that was worth reading, but I've learned the only way to find out is to sit down at the keyboard and start typing.  Sometimes it's surprising where your thoughts will lead you.

Of course, just about any book you read about the writing process will tell you that....just do it.  Just sit down and write something.

And that's what I've done for thirty days in a row now! Mission accomplished.

Not sure how frequently I'll be back...hopefully before next November, tho!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...