Sunday, August 26, 2018

Savoring the last of summer

I don't know when I've enjoyed just being outdoors any more than I have this summer.

I mean, it's been hot, and we've had more rain that I think we needed, and mowing never ends, but I'm still loving it.

I don't want it to be over.

I don't want to have to go inside!

I want to enjoy night sounds on the porch for many more months.  I want to admire my twinkle solar lights that are wrapped around the porch posts, and I want to lie in the swing and just beee...every night-for years!

I'm not anticipating fall, or Christmas, or pumpkin anything.

Just give me summer.  Hot, sultry, beautiful green days and soft summer nights, perfect for admiring the skies.

An endless summer...

(I don't wanna go to work tomorrooooow!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...