Thursday, November 24, 2016

Blessings

I am thankful tonight for the feast, for my family, for the reminder of what is most important in my life.
After our big meal, Mom, Pam and I enjoyed a nice cloudy evening walk.
I enjoy damp cloudy days in the fall- we sure haven't had many of those this dry year.
The higher humidity creates a softness in the air. The colors of the landscape are soft too, the moody gray of the almost bare hills, the faded browns of the pastures punctuated with the occasional black frostbitten iron weed.
There's such beauty in these hills. I am thankful they are my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...