Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Some bright spots in a gray day

We awakened to a strange-looking world...snow on the pumpkins, the fall leaves, the foddershocks.
It was beautiful in a moody sorta way, though. 
As I drove to work, I thought what a perfect day it would be to hole up at home.
But our weekly deadline loomed and that thought had to be put on the back burner.  
Not an impossible thought for the school kiddos tho, and those who work in the school district.  A snow day! Lucky pups! 
After our pages were sent and approved by the printer,  I drove the short distance to my baby girl's house.
She had invited me to come up and have some of her homemade meatloaf for lunch. 
Now how could I refuse an offer like that?  
The meatloaf, mashed potatoes and lime beans were delicious! 
Equally delicious was the sugar I stole from miss Ivy's sweet cheeks...when she'd be still long enough to let me.
Into everything,  that little one is. 
Chelsea mentioned her Christmas tree in the basement, and I offered to help carry it up. 
I remember how hard it is to get things done with a baby trying to help.
Besides. What better thing to do on a day like this than deck the halls with festive lights? 
We had the tree and lights up in no time, and Ivy seemed intrigued by the bright colors.
Heading back home in the cold a little later, I tried to absorb the beauty of my natural surroundings as much as I safely could while driving. 
My hubby was here when I got home, and I thought how thankful I am for the comforts of home...companionship, a hot meal, shelter. 
It may look like Christmas outside,  but it feels like Thanksgiving in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...