Saturday, November 16, 2019

Busy as a bird dog...

My day began with a look at the frosty farm through my car window.  I stepped outside to retrieve something from the car and noticed these cool designs on the glass. This photo in no way does the beauty of it justice. 

Frost is such an amazing thing!

The Gas Man had asked me to go with him to make Saturday deliveries again, and while I'd like to have loafed with him in the bright sunshine, there was much work to be done at home. 

I had punkin' chunkin' to do and pepitos to toast.  There were bucket of pears to pare, slice and dice. 

I made a big pot of chili and a chocolate cake.  

I'm still working on stuff in the kitchen this evening--I'm making pear sauce and pear preserves, and I've got a huge pile of kale prepped for making kale chips.  

After The Gas Man got home, I took a break from all the kitchen witchin' and walked down to the pasture to open the gates so he could set out hay. 


I took with me a bucket of pear peelings and cores, thinking I could entice the little donkeys to come closer.  The little ones didn't get a chance to try the sweet treats though, because their mommas fell all over themselves to eat them first.  

Once the bucket was empty, Dolly took it from me after sniffing around inside for more.  I'm sure the grandkiddos would have gotten a big kick out of seeing that! 
Once she figured out she wasn't going to get more, she tossed her head--and the bucket--and Honey and I walked back to the house.  
Welp, I'd better get back to work!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...