Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Another arrival!




Guess who showed up today?  This little flop-eared gal!  

I didn't check on our donkeys this ten degree morning, but late in the afternoon, I thought I'd get out of the house for a little while and take a walk.  
From the driveway, I could see a little dark shape by Ollie, the larger momma who had still been expecting.  

At first, I thought it was the first donkey born back around Labor Day, then I noticed this one was smaller, and besides, she was beside the wrong momma.

Honey and I took off, excited to get a closer look.  Sure enough, we had a newborn!  She looks exactly like the first one.  

She was walking around like she was a week old, but something is not quite right with those ears!  

One of them is flopped over, and she (I think it's another she!) seemed to have a hard time holding them up.  

Poor thing.  I don't know what time she was born, but I know she hadn't arrived last night.  Could it be that her poor ears got frostbitten?  

Or maybe she was just crowded in the womb.  


She seems okay otherwise. I  hope her ears don't fall off!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...