Thursday, November 29, 2012

The hanging of the greens

I've been inspired to cut lots of greenery and make wreaths, centerpieces and other
arrangements for the house and porches after attending a workshop today at the extension office.

I'm not much of a crafter, but I do love working with natural materials.  Just about anything in our yards or the woods can be used for decorating.. 

There's a cedar tree down in the fence row that is simply full of little blue berries.  I love the look of a bunch of cedar boughs in an old enamel bucket, and I love the smell of them too. 

There are pines at the edge of the woods around the house, and there's a holly up on the hill.  I'm thinking I'll use some dryed heads of sedum, maybe some dried grasses and even some iron weed stems to add some interest to my creations. 

Here's the one I did today--I love all the fresh green stuff! 

 (The candle globe really wasn't that crooked--the pic was taken at an odd angle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...