Sometimes I think how hard it must be getting old.
It must stink losing one's independence and having one's body slowly give out, especially when the mind is still clear.
We went to the nursing home tonight to see Robin's granny. She's very fortunate to have a large family who takes good care of her so that she doesn't have to be alone very much.
She fell a week ago and had to have surgery to repair a broken arm, and now she's in the nursing home for rehab. One of the family has stayed with her each night, and she's had a steady stream of visitors throughout the daytime hours.
All the challenges of aging must be a lot easier to deal with when you don't have to face them alone.
So many older folks are not as fortunate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
February Farm Diary: A wrap-up on a short month!
A creek and a rock are great entertainment for these two. On Mondays, I like to "reset" for the week, because on weekends, we ten...
-
I don’t see much evidence to support that snow advisory we’ve been warned about every few minutes for the past two days, but I’m playing it ...
-
It's been a good day for the proverbial ducks... not such a good day for Small Business Saturday or hanging the Christmas lights outdo...
-
A creek and a rock are great entertainment for these two. On Mondays, I like to "reset" for the week, because on weekends, we ten...
No comments:
Post a Comment