Thursday, November 22, 2012

Savoring the day...

I'm nesting in my lopsided old recliner, the one that's so worn down it's molded to custom fit my ever-broadening backside. 

The heater hums beside me, and it feels cozy in here. 

My hubby sits across the room on the couch, and his head nods occasionally as he catches up on the latest.  Black Betty stretches her sensuous self out on her back.  She doesn't budge when Robin takes his hat off and places it on her head.  (Black Betty is the cat, lest you think she's another woman or something.) 

Chelsea and Taylor, Kayla and Josh are in the other room watching The Office.  I hear them laughing, talking and having a good time. 

Our bellies are full of home-cooked food, and we aren't worth a dime right now. I'm trying to ignore the siren song of leftover desserts that lure me from the kitchen.

It's been a good day--a great day, actually. Hannah and Eric brought Clay to Thanksgiving dinner, and he entertained us by making faces and smiling continuously.

Last year,  we didn't get to see Hannah on Thanksgiving--or Eric or Clay.  They'd spent another long day at the hospital, but Hannah did get to hold their son for the second time on his one month birthday.

A lot has happened between now and then, but when I think of where we are now compared to where we were then, well, my heart feels full as my belly.

I thank God for it all...my life, my family...right now, it's all good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...