Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaBloPoMo, simple as that


 
Last year I committed to posting a blog every day in the month of November on the Blog Her Publishing Network.   

I´m not sure why I decided to attempt this during that particular time in my life, with our family  in the midst of a crisis, but I´m glad I did it, because now I have a better record of those eventful days.

I just reread my very first NaBloPoMo post a few minutes ago, where I wrote about how simple lives can get complicated in a hurry. 

Last year on this very date, our first grandson was hooked to an ECMO machine, one that basically does the work of the heart and lungs.  He´d had surgery a few days before to repair the severe congenital diaphragmatic hernia that he was born with.

There were times during that first tense week of his life when it looked doubtful that he´d even make it.

Fast forward a year.  That little boy has overcome a lifetime of challenges, and he´s the joy of our lives.  He´s survived several surgeries and other medical crises, but he´s still with us. 

He´s the cutest thing ever.

So, I think I´ll try this NaBloPoMo thing again.  I tried posting daily in April, but I fell off the wagon.  I blamed it on the strawberries coming in. 

November is a good time for writing, though.  Days are shorter, and it´s a time for reflection as we near Thanksgiving.

Since last year at this time, I´ve changed the name of my blog too.  I no longer call it My simple life in Appalachia, but simply My life in Appalachia. 

My lifestyle is simple, but seriously, when is life ever simple?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...