Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring-colored creek

I've lived near Station Camp Creek most of my life, and I've observed it's many changing shades and colors. 
 
I've seen it a wild brown torrent, threatening to fill the entire valley floor,  and I've seen it olive green and murky during the dog days of August as it flows low and slow.  
 
I've seen the waters clear and black in November, colored by tannins leached from fallen leaves. 
This is my favorite creek color.  Turquoise, cold, clear, and fresh. Looks good enough to drink. 


1 comment:

  1. I've taken a few drinks of that water, mostly on the South Fork and Middle forks.

    ReplyDelete

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...