Mondays are killer in the weekly newspaper business.
Everything that needs to go in our newspaper for Thursday's edition has to be sent in by our Monday deadline.
The articles need to have been written, and photos and stories filed for beginning the process of layout on Tuesdays.
I've received community calendar announcements, school news, political news, courthouse news, blah, blah, blah. It's just about more information than my brain can absorb in one day.
I've learned of arrests for thefts and for drug use. I've learned of things that surprised me, and things that should surprise me but I've come to expect.
There's been some good news sprinkled in too, so not all will be gloom and doom in the CV&T this week.
But I've got to give this brain a rest, because tomorrow the onslaught continues.
Until next time...a restful image. Back when our trees still had tops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
February Farm Diary: A wrap-up on a short month!
A creek and a rock are great entertainment for these two. On Mondays, I like to "reset" for the week, because on weekends, we ten...
-
I don’t see much evidence to support that snow advisory we’ve been warned about every few minutes for the past two days, but I’m playing it ...
-
It's been a good day for the proverbial ducks... not such a good day for Small Business Saturday or hanging the Christmas lights outdo...
-
A creek and a rock are great entertainment for these two. On Mondays, I like to "reset" for the week, because on weekends, we ten...

No comments:
Post a Comment