Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Enjoying the sunshine


I'm not gonna lie, I caught myself longing for spring today...thinking about starting seeds, digging in the dirt, working outside.  And it's only December!!

The bright sunshine triggered some of that, I'm sure.

It felt good to be outdoors for a just a little while though, especially with the good company I had.

This little bit is always on the move, whether she is outdoors or in. 

We took a little ride down to check on the donkeys, Rosie in particular.  No baby for her yet, but she definitely had milk!  Suuuuurely, it won't be long.

Since I've been taking apple and pear treats to the donkeys on occasion, our big-eared furry friends are extra welcoming and affectionate.

They got close enough that I noticed that little Flopsy is not so "flopsy" anymore!  She's holding both ears up!  One has a small fold at the top, but the ear that was so bent is now standing tall. Hmmm...I guess it just takes a while.

We decided to name the jennies after country music singers, because two of their mommas are Dolly and Patsy.  Besides, they like to sing!

Flopsy, Jenny #3, is now Kitty, Jenny #1 is Loretta, and Jenny #2 is Wynette.
Don't you think those country music legends would be proud of their new namesakes?






3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the names! It's beautiful here today, and I briefly thought of going outside and raking or doing a little landscaping with some rocks that I wanted to move, but I have instead been watching old movies. I'm looking forward to spring too though!

    ReplyDelete

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...