Friday, September 7, 2012

Wild little beauties


September is the time of year when weeds have pretty much taken over our garden, and their blooms rival the beauty of anything I planted deliberately.
I just love sweet autumn clematis, and this is covering the picket fence in the back yard.  I see it growing in the wild a lot too, especially around old abandoned homesteads.

 
Morning glories are EVERYWHERE right now, but I kind of like how they cover the shriveled bean vines.


Golden rod and iron weed are two of my favorites for making fall bouquets. 
 

All this beauty from a bunch of “weeds"...
 
...we'll let them grow for now. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...