Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Baby Number Three has arrived!


We’ve been awaiting the arrival of this little booger for weeks, and as I was coming home from work, I could tell that there was a little shadow by her momma’s side!

That brought a smile to my face. 

Then Robin informed me that we have another calf down, this one two or three months old. 

The calf didn’t appear sick. He just couldn’t get up, as his hips seemed pretty useless. 

I sent the vet a video and asked his opinion on the situation.

He said it might be an injury… or blackleg. 

I ran to the clinic to buy shots, and Robin jabbed him twice. We took the calf some hay and water; now we can only hope and pray for the best. 

I walked over to where baby donk number three and her momma were hanging out. 

The momma steered her baby away from me and they sidled off. It amazes me every time how a calf, horse or donkey can be born, then just minutes or hours later, they jump up and take off. 

Wonders never cease! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So great a cloud of witnesses"

Our nine-year old granddaughter was baptized on Sunday, fully-immersed in water that had been warmed in an inflatable hot-tub.   I grew up B...