I received a press release at work yesterday which said Kentucky is number one when it comes to loving the green bean casserole.
This press release came from the Del Monte company and included the basic green bean casserole recipe and several variations.
Green bean casserole was never a part of my family's Thanksgiving meal until my sister in law began to bring it a few years ago.
I like her version, but I had never really been a fan of the ones I'd tried before.
We usually eat homegrown beans at Thanksgiving, boiled down and seasoned with pork fat and salt, just like any other time of the year.
They taste so much better than those from a can.
Sorry Del Monte.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
February Farm Diary: A wrap-up on a short month!
A creek and a rock are great entertainment for these two. On Mondays, I like to "reset" for the week, because on weekends, we ten...
-
I don’t see much evidence to support that snow advisory we’ve been warned about every few minutes for the past two days, but I’m playing it ...
-
It's been a good day for the proverbial ducks... not such a good day for Small Business Saturday or hanging the Christmas lights outdo...
-
A creek and a rock are great entertainment for these two. On Mondays, I like to "reset" for the week, because on weekends, we ten...
No comments:
Post a Comment