We haven't had many strong storms this spring, but boy, did we ever have some thunderstorms last night.
When I went to bed, thunder was rumbling and I woke this morning to lightning and loud claps of thunder.
I love a good rumbly storm, but some of the thunderclaps sounded too close for comfort. They rattled our windows.
After a series of downpours and by the time it was light enough outside to see, the peaceful little brook that runs down the holler and by our yard was wild.
Now the creek is spreadin out in the valley, and I'm thinking of those poor turkey hens whose nests are getting flooded.
Nature can be so cruel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
February Farm Diary: A wrap-up on a short month!
A creek and a rock are great entertainment for these two. On Mondays, I like to "reset" for the week, because on weekends, we ten...
-
I don’t see much evidence to support that snow advisory we’ve been warned about every few minutes for the past two days, but I’m playing it ...
-
It's been a good day for the proverbial ducks... not such a good day for Small Business Saturday or hanging the Christmas lights outdo...
-
A creek and a rock are great entertainment for these two. On Mondays, I like to "reset" for the week, because on weekends, we ten...



This should have cleaned out the branch. I hope my hens eggs are up out of the water. I dread seeing the road into the farm.
ReplyDelete